Monday, January 25, 2010

Hey Mom

Pops had been in the hospital for about a week now, Greg said he is doing okay. He is having a hard time fighting a bladder infection. I called him tonight and he was at home . We couldn't talk long because he was a little tired. I will be going home in Feb. to check on him and the rest of the fellas. I need to go  home to gather some more  your things that I think you grandkids should have. I really want to go home because I really miss Detroit, Baltimore is fine. but like Dorothy said there is no place like home. I miss going to Coney Island on Hamiliton, my favorite restaurants Fishbones and Pizza Papalis. They are into club music here and I miss my Detroit techno, I miss the quiet strom on 92.3, I miss Wjlb, Carmen Harlans smile...gosh they are alot of things I miss about Detroit. Last but not least I miss being at your house because you spirit is so strong there and I really miss you. I better stop writting now, I am getting a little emotional and I have to protect my image, the big, bad angry black man from Detroit...lol. talk to you later.
Love Always and Forever
Jerry Barnes Jr.

1 comment:

  1. and please Jerry's momma.. put it on your boy's heart to give his friend a call when he does make it down, and by down I mean up, to check on his people.. for I miss his beautiful mug, which obviously got it's good looks from you!

    ReplyDelete