Thursday, May 8, 2014

It's been awhile!!!

Hey Ma,
   I know it's been awhile since my last post. I apologize for that but you know that you and the old man are always in my thoughts. Things have been kinda hectic lately. First of all the kids are doing well most of the time.
 Greg is still in Detroit working hard and staying out of trouble.He has become such a responsible young man and a great father. Greg has such a good head for business that if he dedicated himself to that I believe the sky is the limit for him.
 Deandre was just sworn in to the Navy and will be leaving in November. I just know that Andre will be an officer one day he has the passion, drive and intelligence to make it happen. He has a 20 yr plan already. Stay in the Navy 20 years get his degree, retire and get a job when he gets out. the boy is on it.
 Dalvonte got into some minor trouble regarding some back child support, but he is getting himself together. He has so much potential and he doesn't see it. This young man is really smart, He  said once that he wanted to go into coaching I wish we would I think he would do really well.
Saniqua is head over heels with this lil dude and it is not going well. If she could just step away from him and focus on herself she could really make quite a future for herself. She is very intelligent and if she applied herself she would be an amazing student.
Your son Ronald seems to be doing well but we don't talk as often as you would like us to.If seems as though we are really distant and I don't like it.It is just the two of us and we make speak once or twice a month and I don't like that. He had a minor health scare a couple of months ago and seems to be doing better.
Sharron (that is her real name, tell you about it later) and I are really good friends. It seems that we talk more now as friends than we did as husband and wife. She is always willing to listen to me, but I try not to burden her with my problems she has enough on her plate already. She is really active in her church and she seems really happy.She has always had good heart and being involved in church allows others to benefit from her kindness and good deeds. I wish nothing but the best for her, she deserves every good thing that comes her way.
Shanise is really growing up, but that mouth of hers needs to be dealt with at times. Sharron really has her hand full with that one. She is really interested in dancing and performing we may have a future start on our hands.
 You and Sharron have one thing in common when you two put on your church clothes both your heads swell and you become these super Divas. Sharron walks around saying how good she looks and she knows it, you walked around saying that you were sharp and no one could tell you anything different.
   I am doing okay trying to find a place in Baltimore to live, I stay with a friend during the week and go to Waynesboro, pa on the weekends with Sharron and the kids. . At times I look at my life and I am not sure what direction it is going. They are some many things I would like to do, but I never start them because I feel I must make sure the kids are taken care of first. I shouldn't call them kids because they are all young adults. I really don't have anyone I can talk to about things anymore because you were my faithful confidant. Ronald and Greg have there own lives and they have to  don't listen half the time. Sometimes I feel both of those dudes are so opinionated that my concerns come second to their opinions. I have lost touch with my boys back home. I get the feeling that when I talk to some of the people here I work with my thoughts and concerns just become a workplace joke. I have turned into a person that I really am starting too dislike. I am becoming that gossip dude you is always talking about people and being Mr. Sensitive it hurts when I know people have things to say about me . I think I need to withdraw myself from people and focus on becoming  better person. I now you want to tell me that I need to get back into church and you are absolutely correct as always. I just feel so lonely here in Baltimore, i am not talking about women I mean just friends in general. I have co-workers but at times I feel some of them just tolerate me and really don't like me. I feel like such an outsider here I really don't fit in. Look I am not depressed or anything just getting to a stage in my life that I feel that I need to be doing something meaningful. I have a nice job but I want more , I really , really ,really want a college degree before the Lord calls me home.I just need help getting started, I need a kick start. I just have a hard time putting my needs over the needs of everyone else. I know sometime you have to get selfish and just think about yourself ,I just don't know how to do that.
  I really miss pops a lot, he would really be enjoying his Tigers right now, they have a heck of a team. Even though he and I had our differences he was my daddy because he raised me like I was his own. the U of M vs OSU week is not the same without him here. I really miss him for just being there whenever we needed him. I can still taste the whiting and ocean perch that he used to fry. Deandre and I were just talking about his infamous salt chops you know what I mean.
Well mom guess I have talked enough. I promise I will not go this long without talking to you again. I want to wish you a Happy Mothers Day and I write to you again on Sunday.

Love You !!!!!!

Jerry Barnes Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment